Sunday, December 2, 2007

Ron Paul

I've kept quiet about Ron Paul for a long time because I was curious to see how he would develop as a candidate and I have to say that I'm not disappointed. While I do not find everything he says convincing, I find him light-years ahead of the other candidates running for either the GOP or the Democrats. He is a breath of fresh air and a return to Goldwater Republicanism from whence Ronald Reagan came.
He is a strong supporter of laissez-faire capitalism, free markets, and state rights. He is everything that I would have thought the Republican party should be instead of the bloated elephant that it has become - a party of big government, irresponsible finances, and over-intrusiveness in private lives.
Ron Paul is a follower of the Austrian school of economics that includes such luminaries as Friedrich Hayek and Ludwig von Mises. Whether he wins or not, he has demonstrated that libertarianism in the US is strong and, dare I say it, growing.

1 comment:

Nadia X said...

Ron Paul is wacko! He's two cards short of a full house. Get over it. anyway he won't win.